JOBS/Employment Opportunities at Morgan's Deals
Morgan’s Deals is rapidly expanding and we want you to be part of this exciting, fast-paced growth of social media! We are redefining localized online advertising and social commerce, while building a solid company and enjoying the ride.
Account Executive (Outside) Sales | Austin, TX
In order to reach our goals, we’re looking to hire Account Executives. Our Account Executives are an integral part of the Adkins Publishing team, securing advertising commitments from the most popular and desirable local businesses including restaurants, spas, nightclubs, salons, retailers, theaters, and tourism venues.
This is an immediate opening for an advertising Account Executive in Austin.
As we expand our sales force, you will be responsible for selling and closing new business with local companies for our entire product line of advertising products and solutions.
It’s a big job — but it’s a vital one to Morgan’s Deals and its future. We’re not saying it’s going to be easy. But if you enjoy interacting with people — while having a major impact on a growing company — this position just might be perfect for you.
You can work from home, set your own schedule, and have freedom. Being self-motivated, mature, aggressive, customer-focused, and money-motivated will help to ensure your success.
- Develop and cultivate leads for Morgan’s Deals using a variety of online and offline sources
- Set up phone meetings with qualified prospects
- Assess potential business deals, negotiate favorable terms, and acquire prospective commitment
- Manage relationships with established clients and construct proposals and contracts within selling guidelines
- Communicate ongoing contact and sales activities
- Provide documentation on new client acquisitions to the operations team
- Meet individual monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales experience is required. Online advertising, direct marketing, or local print advertising sales are a plus.
- Demonstrate top-notch communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Show knowledge of social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Exhibit self-motivation, flexibility, and adaptability to new situations
- Possess ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity to meet deadlines
- Strategically and creatively think in a fast-paced environment
- Have own transportation
Administrative Assistant | Austin, TX
- Schedule appointments and meetings, and manage calendars
- Act as a liaison with internal and external partners, departments, consultants, and vendors as appropriate
- Answer and prioritize telephone calls, email and mail communications
- Compile and process expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests, accurately and timely
- Support the execution of various department goals by creating, updating and maintaining organized files and records
- Drafting and editing correspondence, such as letters, memos, and emails
- Bachelor's Degree
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet-related media
- Strong problem solving skills with an innovative spirit
- Detail-oriented in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Top-notch project management skills to include a proven ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels of management
- Be goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing to meet deadlines
Internship | Austin, TX
Are you a frequent user of social media? Can you influence your connections to take action? Are you a media maven who disseminates information and keeps people informed? Do you know the Austin shopping, social, and entertainment scene? Want to be involved with the hottest business category going?
Morgan’s Deals is looking for several interns for a variety of tasks including social media marketing, corporate communications writing, advertising, and creative creation.
You’ll need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of things going on at one time. You’ll need to be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and work on a deadline. You’ll need to be able to laugh when things don’t go perfectly as planned. You’ll need to be creative, have original ideas, and be able to learn and add to your portfolio.
- Expanding our social media footprint through conversation, interaction, and monitoring on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs
- Drafting ad, web, and marketing copy for a wide variety of advertisers
- Identifying and spearheading media relations and earned media opportunities
- Assisting with the design/layout for email and newsletters
- Drafting and editing articles and blog posts
- Internet research and data entry
- Other PR, corporate communications, and advertising duties as assigned
Education in marketing, advertising, public relations, or organizational communications (required Majors) Strong writing and communication skills Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and internet research Acute attention to detail Proficiency with Microsoft Office An eye for design of layouts, web pages, marketing collateral, and print/web ads Ability to influence, gather, and mobilize support A positive attitude, upbeat nature, ability to be flexible, and not afraid to speak up
Skills with Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator/strong graphic design principles move you to the front of the line!
We’re targeting and looking for people with the ability to work 10-15 hours per week. If things work out, we’ll ask you to stick around. If things REALLY work out, with our growing to multiple cities, you’ll have an inside track for full-time employment.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for Morgan’s Deals, writing samples (or links to them), portfolio of previous work, and resume (complete with current GPA) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come get experience in multiple industries and disciplines, be part of the hottest business category today, be on Facebook and Twitter for a job, and come learn from a proud and successful Texas Ex and UT Advertising Graduate.
Location: near Hwy 183 and Mopac.